- Serves 6
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup torn arugula leaves
- 1 cup torn spinach leaves, stems removed
- 2 cups torn lettuce leaves
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Sour cream or creme fraiche
- Snipped fresh chives
Saute green onions in butter for 5 minutes until wilted. Add potatoes and salt and 1 cup of stock. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add the arugula, spinach and lettuce. Simmer for 10 minutes more and test the potatoes for doneness. Puree vegetables in a food processor. Taste for seasoning, add the rest of the stock and simmer for 1 or 2 minutes.
Serve either hot or at room temperature with a dollop of sour cream or creme fruit and a sprinkling of chopped chives on top.