November Contest Winner!
I am excited to announce the winner of November’s recipe contest featuring Sweet Potatoes.
I received many wonderful recipes so again I thank all who participated. Sent in by Tina Collins Eib, the combination of ingredients makes this one a real treat sent.
Sweet Potato Compote
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 medium Fugi apples, peeled
- 2 medium red pears, peeled
- 1/4 cup dried red cherries
- 1/2 stick non-salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (fresh is great)
- 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons toasted pecan pieces (optional)
Cut potatoes and fruit (omitting cherries) into bite-size pieces then cook potatoes first on med.-low heat in the butter until nearly soft, but slightly firm. Add the apples and pears sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cherries and continue cooking on medium heat, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, or until dried cherries have plumped and apples are nearly soft, but retain some firmness. Stir in pecan pieces.
Serve piping hot!