Shrimp and Pasta Salad
- 1 lb wild shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined and tail removed
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1/2 cup Kirby cucumber , sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Vidalia onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 heads butter lettuce, washed
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Place all ingredients in a jar and shake well.
Cook penne according to package directions. Drain well and place in bowl. Pour half the vinaigrette over hot pasta and stir well. Flavor will penetrate the pasta. Add all vegetables, stir well and let sit 30 minutes to marinate.
On a platter, line it with the lettuce leaves. Toss the shrimp with the pasta. Spoon over the lettuce leaves.
Sprinkle the feta, parsley and capers over the shrimp and pasta and serve.