Sweet Potatoes with Caramelized Onions
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 1/2- 1 cup caramelized onions (click link to see how how to cook the onions)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Bring the potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and water to cover to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain the potatoes with the butter and cream until smooth. Add 1/2- 1 cup of caramelized onions to taste. Season with salt and pepper.