This month Atlanta magazine is featuring a wonderful farm to table local eating guide which is very exciting for me because it features both the Farmhouse and the Hil restaurant both located in Serenbe.
“This dish has been a favorite at The Inn at Serenbe since we opened in 1996. It works great for breakfast, a brunch, or even dinner. I love using fresh collards from Serenbe Farms, but kale works well also. The addition of stone-ground grits, we use JennyJack Grits, adds a lovely texture. And, the beauty of the dish is it can be made the day before.”
Here is my Grits Souffle recipe for you to enjoy.
- 1 lb. grated sharp chedder cheese or goat cheese
- 6 farm fresh or free range eggs, lightly whipped
- 2 cups cooked Jenny Jack grits**
- 1 cup cooked collards, chopped and drained
- 2-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or pressed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-4 dashes of tabasco
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup grits
- Boil water. Add grits and cook 5 minutes